Thanks for visiting Phage Directory! Phage Directory is an independent project run by Jessica Sacher and Jan Zheng.
The Phage Directory lists University researchers and laboratories involved in phage research. Listing on Phage Directory is completely voluntary, and you give us consent to list your lab’s details when you fill in our lab form or email us and ask us to add you. , Your listing can be changed or removed at any point by emailing us at [email protected].
No money or services is exchanged between us and the listed organizations, and we don’t do business with any of the organizations listed on our website, unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to list your information in the directory, you must:
- be at least eighteen (18) years old and able to enter into contracts;
- complete the registration form;
- agree to these Terms and Policies;
- provide true, complete, and up-to-date information, and
- agree to update your information as they change
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you won’t use the Service in a way that violates any laws or regulations. Note that by representing and warranting, you are making a legally enforceable promise.
Phage Directory may refuse service, remove labs, and change eligibility requirements at any time.
Change of Information or Removal from Phage Directory
You may choose to change or remove your information from Phage Directory at any time. If you’d like a change in your information, please email us at [email protected]. If you ask for your information to be removed, it will
Email & Newsletter Platforms
We use Mailchimp and its subsidiary, TinyLetter as our email platforms. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you assume full responsibility for any loss that results from your use of Phage Directory. We and our Team won’t be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages under any circumstances, even if they’re based on negligence or we’ve been advised of the possibility of those damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold Phage Directory harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses that directly or indirectly result from any claims you make that aren’t allowed under these Terms due to a “Limitation of Liability” or other provision. (Indemnity is an agreement to compensate someone for a loss.) You also agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses, that directly or indirectly result from (a.) your content, (b.) your use of Phage Directory, (c.) your violation of any laws or regulations, (d.) any misrepresentations made by you, or (e.) a breach of any representations or warranties you’ve made to us.
We and our Team aren’t responsible for the behavior of any third parties, linked websites, or other Members.
Phage Directory takes data privacy seriously. This section explains we collect, share, and use Personal Information.
Information We Collect
When you consent for your information ot be added to the Phage Directory through the Join form to be, your information will be publicly displayed in the directory. If you would like your information changed, please email [email protected]
We may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as name, contact details, company name and job or research details, and profile information) for our research purposes, through our surveys and through in-person interviews. We will keep copies of such communication for our own records, but will never share them with any third parties.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our website or through interviews for reasons including:
- Understanding new research and phage therapy advances.
- To operate, optimize and maintain our website.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us at [email protected]. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your Personal Information by emailing us at [email protected] We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at [email protected]
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
How We Share Information
By adding your information to the Phage Directory
- Public information added to Phage Directory will be displayed publicly under the Directory. We will explicitly state if any form fields are private or public.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a.) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b.) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c.) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
For added security measure, we only process data change requests through email. If you would like your information changed, please email [email protected].
Phage Alerts Policy
Phage Alerts is a service that sends out an email to its subscribers whenever we receive a request for phages to be sent to a patient’s medical team for phage therapy use.
Alerts are only sent to subscribers of the alert system when phages are required by a medical team to help treat a person’s infection. Alert subscribers’ emails are private and are kept separate from any newsletter or other Phage Directory services.
- Phage Alert subscription is voluntary, and subscribers can unsubscribe at any point
- Alerts are also posted on our website, and tweeted through @phagedirectory
- Alert subscribers’ email addresses are private, and are not shared with other subscribers, advertisers, or other third-party organizations.
- Subscribers must confirm their subscription through an email
- Alerts uses Mailchimp’s TinyLetter service
Phage Directory uses third party cookies generated by our tools to help us understand how our website is being used, to understand how effective our efforts are (Google Analytics, Hot Jar, Mixpanel), and for better customer service (Drift). These third party cookies are optional and you could block or delete the cookies, or by using Brave, Firefox, Chrome or Safari’s private modes.
We do not make money from tracking and selling user data or user behavior data.
- We do not track personally identifiable information (PII), we only look at web traffic patterns.
- We do not use advertising or targeting cookies.
- We do not use web beacons, pixels, or other advertising tracking technologies.
What we do use:
- Hot Jar: We use Hot Jar to help us understand if the site is confusing for our visitors, so we can improve the user experience of the site. For example, Hot Jar helps us understand if most people read our blog posts all the way, or not at all.
- Mixpanel: We use Mixpanel to help us understand if and how complex parts of the website, like specific features of the directory are being used. Mixpanel lets us know if we should continue to spend our time to develop certain features or content, or if we should cancel them for other ones.