We are urgently seeking Mycobacterium abscessus phages for a patient in the USA. (The Hatfull lab has already screened theirs, with no matches, but if anyone has any others, we’d love to know!). There are two isolates; one smooth, one rough.
Ways to help at this stage:
- By sending your phages for testing on the patient’s strains
- By receiving one or more of the patient’s strains and testing your phages
- By receiving the strain(s) and using it/them to search for new phages
- By offering to prepare phages supplied by others to clinical grade
- By helping spread the word about this request
- By providing us with names/email addresses of labs you think we should contact
Please email [email protected] if you can help in any way, or if you would like further details/clarification.
Let’s make a difference,