Locus Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented applicant to join our research and development team as a full-time Research Technician. This individual will be responsible for inventory tracking, media preparation, and carrying out research goals. The ideal candidate will be able
to work efficiently to assess and stock lab inventory and contribute to research projects. This individual must be able to communicate effectively in informal settings and be able to work well within a team. This individual will work in small teams to carry out research goals and report to a lead scientist.
Candidates should have prior laboratory experience and be competent at basic laboratory upkeep activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lab maintenance: preparation and sterilization of microbiological media, inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents, close coordination within project teams to define material requirements, setup and coordination with external lab vendors
- Microbiological assays: MIC testing, bacterial growth and enumeration, bacterial isolation, bacteriophage amplification and purification, biofilm assays, and maintenance of bacterial stocks. Bacteriophage enumeration and clonal purification.
- Molecular biology assays: PCR, genomic DNA extraction, cloning, transformations, sequencing sample prep, and plasmid preps
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related field
- Familiarity with general laboratory equipment such as autoclaves, centrifuges, pH meters, biological safety cabinets, balances, etc.
- Attention to detail and excellent record-keeping using standard MS software
- Familiarity with chemical and biological risks of working in a laboratory environment
- Good communication skills
- At least two years’ experience between academic or industry research
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV to: [email protected]
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.